Thursday, October 2, 2008

Week Fifteen – Outlook(ing) Good

I’m a pretty optimistic person. My glass is generally half full. Hell, even my blood type is B positive! I don’t know what I did to anger the Gods, but for some reason my week went from bad to worse…

Last week my week ended with being pulled over and getting three citations and a couple days later I damaged my car while pulling into my parking garage. Then on Sunday I received a call from my dad saying he called EMS for my mom because she was having trouble breathing - turns out she had pneumonia and has been in the hospital all week. As if that wasn’t enough to deal with, on Tuesday I had to have my car towed to the dealership cause I couldn’t put it into reverse.

Not to shift gears, and needless to say, working out has been pretty non-existent this past week. Actually the last time I was able to work out was this past Saturday. Thankfully it was for two hours!

09/27 Commit To Fit - One Hour; 1091 calories burned
09/27 Zumba class for an hour; 838 calories burned

Well unlike my car, things are starting to turn around. My mom is being released from the hospital today and hopefully I will have my car released soon as well.

Although I am not able to go to the mall to weigh-in at GNC like I normally do, I can tell I’m still losing weight. Primarily in the way my clothes fit. Because I wasn’t prepared to be away from home this long when I came down I’ve had to wash and reuse my two sets of scrubs I brought with me. I actually found some old clothes I had at my parent’s house but I was unable to wear them because they were way too big. Although it would have been nice to wear them in this emergency situation, it really made me happy to see just how much smaller I am now…

That’s one of the hard things about losing weight. I want to go out and buy a bunch of smaller clothes but I know this is just a stepping stone stage and don’t want to invest in clothes that will hopefully be too big for me in another month or so. Like I said, optimism is in my blood!

No comments: