Thursday, October 30, 2008

Week Eighteen & Nineteen – Heavy Set

I can’t believe as of tomorrow I only have two more months left. Knowing this is definitely exciting and also a little terrifying at the same time. I know that I really have to step up my game if I am going to make my goal by the end of the year…

Actually everyone said it would happen and I’m starting to worry that maybe I’ve hit the dreaded plateau cause I barely lost one pound these past two weeks. Granted it was a big one-pound cause it threw me to the 50 pound mark, but its still only one pound.

I think maybe I’ve been a little too relaxed these past couple weeks. I know it’s nuts to think that working out 7 hours a week is a ‘relaxed’ week but if I want the weight to continue to come off I guess have to do more because apparently I’m not working out enough or maybe I’m eating too much… whatever I’m doing wrong, the bottom line is the weight isn’t dropping like I’d hoped and the only thing I can think of to do is work harder.

Here’s what I’ve done these past couple weeks:

10/16 3 mile walk at Hermann; 791 calories burned
10/18 Commit To Fit, One Hour; 1091 calories burned
10/18 Zumba class for an hour; 838 calories burned
10/20 Zumba class for an hour; 838 calories burned
10/20 Commit To Fit, One Hour; 1091 calories burned
10/22 Zumba class for an hour; 838 calories burned
10/22 Commit To Fit, One Hour; 1091 calories burned
10/25 Commit To Fit, One Hour; 1091 calories burned
10/25 Zumba class for an hour; 838 calories burned
10/27 Zumba class for an hour; 838 calories burned
10/27 Commit To Fit, One Hour; 1091 calories burned
10/28 3 mile walk at Memorial; 791 calories burned
10/29 Zumba class for an hour; 838 calories burned
10/29 Commit To Fit, One Hour; 1091 calories burned

Even though I haven’t been putting in as many hours as I have in past weeks, I feel like I am working harder than ever. Whether it’s the Zumba gang or Justin, I’m constantly being pushed to increase my intensity. Working out with Justin these past couple of weeks I’ve really noticed a difference in the amount of weights I can now pull, push, squat, and lift. I still can’t believe it but last night I was able to do 120-pound leg presses, by far my heaviest set.

Truth be told, I’m really happy with where I’m at at this point. Not that I am throwing in the towel by any means. I told myself I would lose 75 pounds by the end of the year and I’m going to do it. Its just I’m really happy at this point. I like the way I feel, I like fitting into smaller clothes, I like the complements I’m receiving. The only thing I don’t like is the idea of not losing these last 25 pounds!

You know maybe there is something behind me feeling too relaxed; so I guess the million dollar question is: How do I physically finish a race that I've mentally already finished?

No comments: