Thursday, September 25, 2008

Week Thirteen & Fourteen – Ike Carumba

I can’t believe I am already halfway done with my 28-week mission. Not only am I at the halfway point, I’m also a few pounds ahead of schedule. At this point I am confident I will reach my goal cause I have more to gain than lose (literally and figuratively).

The past couple weeks have been really challenging for me, not only preparing for Hurricane Ike but also dealing with the aftermath. I think the aftermath of the storm was far worse then the storm itself. Needless to say, I wasn’t able to workout for several days, which I know probably affected the scale.

As of this past week I am back in my apartment, back at work and most importantly back to working out. Here’s what I did the past few days:

09/19 3 Mile walk at Memorial Park; 488 calories burned
09/20 Zumba class for an hour; 838 calories burned
09/22 Zumba class for an hour; 838 calories burned
09/24 Zumba class for an hour; 838 calories burned

I am excited about working out with Justin this coming Saturday. We haven’t done Commit To Fit in two weeks because of Ike. The first Saturday was when Ike hit and the gym was closed and last Saturday Justin and Denise were still evacuated...

Another gym update is Melissa has cancelled Boot Camp classes this week due to low class attendance. The thing I think is most aggravating about her decision is she said in order to see results we have to be consistent with our workouts; but at the same time she says if she doesn’t get a certain number of RSVPs for each class, she will be canceling them. Where is the consistency in that? I’ve paid for the sessions; I should be able to take them. The way I see it is it’s like I bought a ticket to see a movie – the website says they are going to show a movie at 945, I buy the ticket, go to the theater and then when I get there they say, “Sorry, you can’t see your movie today cause we didn’t sell 50 tickets – try again Thursday”. Who would tolerate that? Not that I’m the world’s greatest businessman but I think it is bad business to sell something you can’t fulfill….

Something I can and will fulfill is the remainder of my goal. I know technically it is downhill from this point but something tells me these next 36 pounds might be an uphill battle!

No comments: