Thursday, September 11, 2008

Week Twelve – Commitment Issues

Due to Hurricane Ike, I will not be able to weigh today…

This has been a very busy week for me. Not only due to the pending Hurricane but also I’ve really tried to make good choices and work out as much as I could.

On Saturday I enrolled in the Commit To Fit challenge at my gym. Denise and I worked out for an hour prior to Zumba with Justin. The thing I liked most about the workout was how customized it was. Meaning Justin monitored and adjusted every exercise. I noticed the biggest difference on the weight machines. I figured out I have been doing some of the sets at Boot Camp incorrectly – where I had a bar hitting my calf I found out it should have been hitting my ankle, etc.

Speaking of Boot Camp, I missed last Thursday and I heard through the grapevine that Melissa was questioning my commitment level. At first I was pissed cause I think I have never been more committed and then I realized, she doesn’t know me. As silly as that sounds, she doesn’t know how hard I have been working and what a complete 180 I have done. Anyways, I guess it shouldn’t matter what anyone’s opinion is at this point, I know I am committed and that’s all that matters…

Actually I am so committed to losing weight and this new program that I was stressing out earlier this week about missing this Saturday’s Commit To Fit workout. It was a hard decision but I decided I would go late to my annual camping trip to Austin with friends instead of missing Saturday’s workout. We plan this trip at least six months in advance so you can imagine how tough this decision was.

Funny enough, due to Ike, not only has our annual weekend getaway been rescheduled but Justin is having to mandatory evacuate as well. Speaking of, I better get going. Here’s how I did this past week:

09/04 Treadmill for 30 Minutes; 273 calories burned
09/04 Elliptical Machine for 30 Minutes; 410 calories burned
09/04 Stationary Bike for 30 Minutes; 716 calories burned
09/05 3 Mile walk at Memorial Park; 488 calories burned
09/06 Commit To Fit – One Hour; 1091 calories burned
09/06 Zumba class for an hour; 838 calories burned
09/07 6 Mile walk at Memorial Park; 976 calories burned
09/08 Zumba class for an hour; 838 calories burned
09/09 Boot Camp for an hour and twenty minutes; 1479 calories burned
09/10 Zumba class for an hour; 838 calories burned
09/10 Core class with Justin for 15 minutes; 209 calories burned

I can’t believe I worked out a little over TEN hours this week! And Melissa is questioning my commitment – Humph.

No comments: