Thursday, September 4, 2008

Week Eleven – A Gain, Again

Although I am aggravated, I can’t say I am surprised I gained this week. After all the last time I gained was over a holiday weekend.

I hope that doesn’t sound like an excuse: like it’s ok to gain because it was Labor Day weekend. That’s not what I’m saying. I think enjoying a holiday and being a little bad is fine. However I wasn’t just a little bad, I was a lot bad. And I wasn’t bad for one meal or even just for one day – I was bad the whole time…

Actually thinking back I am a surprised I didn’t gain more. To say I was carefree is an understatement; I would say I was more careless this past week.

Sadly my diet wasn’t the only thing that suffered – my workouts were pitiful. By the way, whoever came up with the expression “no pain, no gain” must not have been describing exercising cause in my experience, no pain equals gain! I know if I want to continue to lose weight, I have to put in the work so for now on it’s gain or pain… Anyways, I know it’s not much but here’s how I did this past week:

09/03 Zumba class for an hour; 838 calories burned
09/03 Core class with Justin for 15 minutes; 209 calories burned

I know there are several more holidays to get through before the end of the year and I would like to go on the record and say this is the last time I will sabotage my hard work for the sake holidays.

Oh and speaking of ‘holidays’, I am so confident that I will reach my goal by the end of December that I went ahead and booked a trip to Las Vegas for New Years. I figured what better way to celebrate 28 weeks of self-control than a few days in the city of excess…

No comments: