Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Week Twenty-Eight – Resolution

Today is not only the last day of the year but also the last day of my 28-week challenge and I am happy to report that I’ve lost 69 POUNDS!

I know I didn’t technically reach my goal of losing 75 pounds, but that doesn’t matter cause that was my old goal – you see my new goal is 100 pounds! I’m so confident I can obtain it, Monday night I committed for three more months of personal training with Justin.

And who knows, it may take another six months, but I know I will get there because after changing my lifestyle for these past 28-weeks and working out 164 hours and taking 73 Zumba classes and burning over 147,000 calories, I know I can do anything!

I’m not saying this journey has been easy; but it has been a fun ride.

Actually something that I use to hate to do that is now fun is shop for clothes. I no longer have to shop at big and tall stores; I’ve gone from a 52-inch waist to a 42-inch waist and now I am buying some large and extra large shirts instead of 2X or 3X shirts like I use to…

Oh and an update on my spider bite, turns out playing doctor didn’t pan out like I hoped. I ended up in Urgent Care and got on some different, more powerful antibiotics. My hand is still infected but getting much better...

I was even able to work out Monday night:
12/29 Zumba class for an hour; 838 calories burned
12/29 Commit To Fit, One hour; 1091 calories burned

Being New Years Eve people always want to know what my resolutions will be, and for the first time ever I am not making one.
For years I’ve always said three things: to lose weight, to be in a relationship and to learn how to swallow pills. Well I’ve lost the weight, I’ve learned how to swallow pills and for the first time in awhile I’m in a committed relationship (with myself).

Happy New Years!

No comments: