Thursday, July 31, 2008

Week Six – Gaining Perspective

I have bad news and good news: The bad news is that I gained some weight this week. The good news is I know what I did wrong so I can correct my mistakes…

While attending an Astros game Tuesday night I had a realization. Life is going to throw us curve balls, but what makes us different than professional athletics is how we react. When life throws me a curve ball I instantly turn to excuses. For instance, "there’s a fire at my building", I can’t go to Boot Camp or "I have out of town guests to entertain", I can’t stay on my diet. This mentality is what got me to be so overweight in the first place and I can’t believe it’s taken me six weeks to realize that I need to stop making excuses!

The truth is, if a person really wants something bad enough they have two choices: (a) they will find a way or (b) they will find excuses. For now on, I will work hard in finding a way, after all this is suppose to be the best weigh…

In the spirit of no more excuses, here’s what I did the past week with no excuses explanation:

07/24 Boot Camp for an hour; 1116 calories burned
07/26 Zumba class for an hour; 838 calories burned
07/28 Zumba class for an hour; 838 calories burned
07/28 Core class with Justin for 15 minutes; 209 calories burned
07/30 Zumba class for an hour; 838 calories burned
07/30 Core class with Justin for 15 minutes; 209 calories burned

I know its not going to be easy but I am going to really try to approach life’s curve balls differently because when I lose control - I gain weight; and who knows, maybe next week I can hit one out of the park like Carlos Lee…

No comments: