Thursday, June 19, 2008

A Man With A Plan

There are 28 weeks left until the end of the year. I figure I can do a lot in 28 weeks, I mean after all that is almost 200 days.

I know that a huge portion (pun intended) of my success will not only be what I eat, but more importantly how much I eat. I have enlisted My Choice Fit Foods to help with that. Their meals are pre-packaged, pre-measured and pre-tty tasty. Although they say 80% of my weight loss will come from what I consume, I know I'm going to have to exercise too.

Actually tomorrow I will be signing up for Zumba classes which are held several nights a week. I really enjoy taking these classes because (a) you sweat your ass off and (b) because they are so fast paced I feel like the class is over before you know it. But if I get bored with Zumba I know I can substitute my daily exercise regimen by hitting a couple buckets of balls at the driving range, playing tennis, walking the park and trails, swimming laps in my pool or finally utilizing my building’s gym that I pay for.

So with eating less and moving more I hope to see great results. Honestly I would like to lose 75 pounds by the end of the year, which is only about 3 pounds a week. I know I will feel healthier, become physically and probably mentally stronger and if I happen to drop a few pant sizes - I guess that wouldn’t be so bad either.

No comments: