Thursday, August 21, 2008

Week Nine – I’m a Sore Loser

I lost another 3 pounds this week. And apparently I found new muscles to make sore. I’m very happy that the scale continues to decline, I just wish I were stricter with my diet cause I know the pounds would really come off…

Speaking of coming off, while out to lunch with some friends this week I was taking off some extra cheese and ingredients from my salad and I had a moment of clarity, the more I take off – the less I have to take off. Meaning, the more food I can take off my plate, the less I have to burn off at the gym later. Now I know you’re probably thinking, well yeah, that’s pretty obvious but for me, seeing a side plate filled with “extras” just really put it into perspective for me.

I’m also changing the way I order things now too. For instance, my Subway sandwich is definitely a lot thinner but honestly it still tastes the same without the cheese, oil, vinegar and copious amounts of vegetables.

I believe this past week is the most I have worked out since I started nine weeks ago, actually this could be the most I’ve worked out in one week ever! I managed to burn almost 7,000 calories working out everyday except Sunday. Here’s how my week went:

08/14 Boot Camp for an hour and twenty minutes; 1479 calories burned
08/15 Zumba class for an hour; 838 calories burned
08/16 Zumba class for an hour; 838 calories burned
08/18 Zumba class for an hour; 838 calories burned
08/18 Core class with Justin for 15 minutes; 209 calories burned
08/19 Boot Camp for an hour and twenty minutes; 1479 calories burned
08/20 Elliptical Machine for 20 minutes; 210 calories burned
08/20 Zumba class for an hour; 838 calories burned
08/20 Core class with Justin for 15 minutes; 209 calories burned

You’re probably wonder why I am sore even though I have been doing similar workouts for over two months, the only explanation I have to that is I guess it has to do with the intensity level in which I am trying to work out now. Or it could be because I am not giving my muscles enough rest in-between workouts. Justin at the gym said it could be because I am not stretching enough before workouts, hence the twenty-minute elliptical workout I did yesterday before Zumba.

I hope it doesn’t come off that I am complaining about being sore because I'd hate to be a sore loser. However if I were this sore and gaining weight - now then I’d really be sore!

No comments: